Renew Canada Permanent Resident Card 2022
Here is a 2022 case of renewing Canada permanent resident (PR) card.
First, we checked the Canada official website to get the newest inforamtion about renewing a PR card.
Note there are 5 steps there:
- About the process
- Who can apply
- Before you apply
- How to apply
- After you apply
We can see a condition to renew a PR card is your card has expired or will expire in less than 9 months, that means if your PR Card is still valid for more than 9 months or 270 days, you should not apply for a renewal unless you have special reasons such as your name is changed.
Here is the offical guide of applying or replacing or renewing PR Card - IMM5445
How to Renew Canada Permanent Resident Card 2022
What we did
- Downloaded and Filled the IMM5444 form
- Got ONE photocopy of the current valid passport
- Took TWO photos within the recent 6 months (we found a professional photo studo that could give us the stamp on the back of photo, such as the "Pro Passport Photo")
- PR Card fee payment receipt (paid online), currently $50 each person
- Filled IMM5644 document checklist form
- Sent the mail package in the post office.
Please check Canada official website to get more details and the most recent information.